We’ve been a fan of Patriots Viper Steel memory since we first got our hands on them. The sleek gunmetal exterior and subtly aggressive fins on top made for some great looking modules in any system, and it had the performance to match. We were quite excited when our PR rep reached out and told us our favorite kit was getting a colorful upgrade! Meet Viper Gaming’s new Viper Steel RGB. You get the same outline and design cues, including the Viper head logo on the center of the module, but you now get a milky white top bar just waiting to burst to life. We’re were a little surprised to see the namesake Steel color heat spreader has gone dark, but the new matte black finish is actually quite nice. It sure looks good, but let’s see how it performs!
What Patriot has to say about the Viper Steel RGB memory family:
Our Viper Steel RGB DDR4 memory is designed for extreme performances and paired with stunningly customizable RGB illumination to fit your overall PC setup flawlessly. The Viper Steel RGB is created with a custom-designed high-performance aluminum heat shield for a luminous sleek presence matching any system. Secure solid steel performance even when using the most demanding applications. The Viper Steel RGB’s aluminum heatshield provides supreme heat dissipation to maintain amazing performance.
Built for the latest Intel® and AMD™ platforms, the Viper Steel RGB series provides the perfect performance combined with fierce radiating LED lights. Comes equipped with XMP 2.0 support for automatic overclocking settings for optimal performance and stability. Compatible with lead motherboard partners’ RGB sync applications make this memory easy to customize to your personalized profiles for any occasion. Tested for quality assurance, the Viper Steel series is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Series: Viper Steel RGB
- Edition: Black headshield sides with golden Viper logo / Lightbar top
- Aluminum heat spreader with golden Viper logo design element
- RGB Sync up with ASUS/ASRock/MSI/Gigabyte motherboard app
- Feature Overclock: XMP 2.0 support for automatic Overclocking
- Compatibility: Tested across the latest Intel and AMD platforms for reliably fast performance
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Capacity: 32GB (2 x 16GB)
- Base Frequency: PC4-21300 (2666MHz)
- Base Timings: 19-19-19-43
- Tested Frequency Profile 1: PC4-28800 (3600MHz)
- Tested Timings: 20-26-26-46
- Tested Voltage for Profile 1: 1.35V
- Format: NON-ECC Unbuffered DIMM
- Pin Out: 288-Pin